Heavy Highway Contractor

• 1.  Viewpoint Spectrum and Power BI

Posted 01-17-2024 09:51

We are a heavy highway contractor using Viewpoint Spectrum and wanting to implement Power BI to build powerful KPIs, dashboards, visualizations and other data analytics.    We are not users of Power BI and need help learning how to use it and suggestions for the most useful dashboards and reports.  Does anyone have any suggestions for companies/consultants who help with this?    

------------------------------
    Lori Hall, SHRM CP, Manager, HR
    Jim Smith Contracting Co, LLC
    Grand Rivers KY
    (270) 362-8661

• 2.  RE: Viewpoint Spectrum and Power BI

Posted 01-17-2024 09:59

We have just started to explore this option as well, as we use ComputerEase and HCSS HeavyJob and think Power BI would provide better reporting. I'm at the same stage as you, so hopefully someone has suggestions for us!

Kyle Odinet
    Controller
    Cycle Construction Company, LLC
    New Orleans, LA
    (504) 467-1444

• 3.  RE: Viewpoint Spectrum and Power BI

Posted 01-18-2024 17:39

Hi Lori!

Do you host your Spectrum locally or in the Trimble One Cloud? If you're in the Trimble One Cloud there are some default dashboards and PowerBI tools that would be available if you have a Viewpoint Analytics license enabled. 

The firm I work for can help build PowerBI dashboards and has done so for Spectrum users before! If you're interested, please email me at bdiederich@eidebailly.com and we can talk more to figure out what you're looking for.

Thanks,

Brittany

Brittany Diederich
    Eide Bailly LLP
    Fargo ND