Portland, Oregon

• 1.  Procore/Smoothlink/QBO

Posted 01-17-2024 15:52

Hello,

I have a client using Procore and QuickBooks Online. They use Smoothlink as the bridge between the two. 

I have always recommended Corecon (Now Sage Construction Management) in the past as it works great, but I'm giving it one last shot to remedy the issues they are having with Procore before we make the transition as they are 1 year into a 3 year large ($31 million) project and converting now will be a huge undertaking. 

(1) Do you have any tips on building in internal controls that are not automated with Procore such as locking transactions in Procore once they sync to the Accounting System?

(2) What reports are you using to compare the two systems? We are continually having to audit and try to keep them matching. It's very manual and is not scalable. 

(3) How do you book Indirect Costs in Procore on a Cost Plus Contract? 

(4) How do you book Billable Time at an actual Cost Rate and then bill the Cost Plus Contract at a negotiated Bill Rate? 

(4) How do you tie commitment invoices and direct costs to each pay app? Apparently Cost Plus contracts don't work with QBO/Smoothlink and we are having to use a FLS contract type, change orders and reports to tie it out without having too detailed of an SOV list. We are working in a Sandbox environment Procore provided to see if we can revamp our SOV's and use their new reporting roll up pay apps and convert to Cost Plus, but haven't proven that it will work quite yet. 

(5) Do you have any other tips and tricks for using Procore/Smoothlink/QBO and Cost Plus contracts with no GMP? 

Thank you!

------------------------------
    Annie Kendrick
    Kendrick Business Services
    Albany OR
    (541) 908-4351
    ------------------------------