Heavy Highway Contractor

• 1.  Heavy Equipment Comparator - Final Push

Posted 01-19-2023 08:17
    Thank you to all of you who have participated in the first Heavy Equipment Comparator KPI survey for heavy equipment fleet management.  There are quite a few folks who have started the survey but not finalized and even more folks who have registered or maybe you've been thinking about participating but have not yet registered.

We have some good news - there is still time to participate!    By participating, you'll be helping CFMA and AEMP to establish standards in the industry and improving the quality and quantity of KPI's which the survey will produce.  Further, by completing at least 12 of the 32 metrics, there are some great benefits that you and your company will receive including: 1)  Interactive Peer Report Credit, 2) Company Performance Report, and 3) Heavy Equipment Comparator PDF Report (50% off).

There are plenty of tools and help available to participate in this CFMA/AEMP initiative: 
    Heavy Equipment Comparator.  
    Benefits of the Heavy Equipment Comparator

How does your fleet management measure up to the competition?

I'm  happy to respond to questions and provide any assistance to complete the survey.  Thanks so much for your consideration, --Rich

------------------------------
    Richard King CCIFP, CPA
    CFO
    Schlouch Incorporated
    Blandon PA
    (610) 926-7070

• 2.  RE: Heavy Equipment Comparator - Final Push

Posted 01-22-2023 15:41
    Rich,

I'm glad to hear that there is still time to complete the survey and that you are available to answer questions about the metrics. I recently heard from some companies who are interested but don't have all of the information at hand to answer all of the questions, so it's good to know that completing all of the metrics isn't a requirement.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the results of the survey!

Caryl Coronis CPA, CCIFP
    CFO
    NBG Constructors
    Houston TX
    (281) 495-0842

• 3.  RE: Heavy Equipment Comparator - Final Push

Posted 07-21-2023 16:24

We have joint ventures in which we partially consolidate our portion of the revenues into our financial statements.  Typically, our equipment department does not support the equipment on the joint venture.  These joint ventures purchase their own equipment to support the activities on that project.  That being said, should the revenues of these joint ventures be included in the calculation of throughput? 

Bryan Golla CPA
    Assistant Controller
    Zachry Construction Corporation
    San Antonio TX
    (210) 871-2723