General Contractor

ExakTime Implementation Question

• 1.  ExakTime Implementation Question

Posted 03-20-2024 12:20

We are in the process of implementing ExakTime, and we have run into a stumbling block.  We are a general contractor who uses Sage 300CRE.  We do not have standardized cost codes for all jobs.   When ExakTime imports information from the Job Cost module, it is capable of importing only the active jobs, but it imports cost codes through a separate process and it pulls ALL cost codes from ALL jobs regardless of the job status.  (It has pulled in ~5400 cost codes.)   There is not a way within ExakTime to identify which cost codes are associated with each job, without someone manually cross referencing each cost code description in ExakTiime with what is entered into Sage.  If a cost code is manually linked within ExakTime to a job, but we unselect it so that we can filter down which cost codes our crews can view/use in the current pay period, then the cost code disappears from the Job and can only be readded by manually scrolling through thousands of costs codes and matching the exact cost code description as it is entered into Sage for that specific job again.

It seems logical to me that the job and it's associated cost codes would come into ExakTime together so you never have to manually identify which codes are associated with a particular job, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

I am looking for a general member that uses ExakTime and Sage CRE300 with non-standard cost code descriptions and requires individual employees to clock in and out of specific cost codes throughout the day to help me understand how you solved this problem.

Respectfully, I am not looking for input about other software options at this time, and I am not looking for input from associate members, unless you have a connection to a general member that could be of help.

Thank you in advance,

------------------------------
    Stephanie Magenau, CCIFP
    Controller
    Construction Engineers, Inc.
    Grand Forks, ND
    (701) 792-3200
    ------------------------------