San Francisco, CA

Could use some of your collective wisdom!

• 1.  Could use some of your collective wisdom!

Posted 11-03-2023 16:13

Hi Friends,

Could use some of your collective wisdom!

I've got a client who's convinced they can hire 1 or 2 new employees on a contract basis, get rid of QuickBooks, bring payroll inhouse from a service they have used many years, and have them drive the set up and system conversion to Foundation Software by December 31st so they can kick of Jan 2024 fresh!   I've tried my best to explain the complexities involved, I have shared that even our internal system conversion that we did took about 9 months and there was a ton of planning that went into it, but they're just not getting it.

If any of you who would be willing to share any or your experiences, or realistic timelines around any of these types of transitions that would be incredible.  I'm particularly interested in hearing about the timelines you followed, the planning and mapping headaches, and any unexpected hiccups along the way. Your experiences will help me paint a clearer and more realistic picture for my client, so his expectations are managed and he can slow down a click so this will be successful for them in the long run.

My client is also wanting to dive in headfirst into the world of in-house payroll after having it with a payroll provider for 10 years.  It is a lot of moving parts! 

They are in the Bay Area if you have any experts or consultants that I could guide him towards.

I am hoping if he hears insights from other Construction industry professionals it will hopefully rescue my client from a potential disaster and save me a headache along the way because this is out of my wheelhouse and Id like all who will be involved set up for success. If you are not ok putting the info out publicly, my email is imelda@go2dynamic.com thank you in advance for any info.

------------------------------
    Imelda Ayala
    Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager
    Dynamic Office & Accounting Solutions
    Danville CA
    (888) 303-5627
    ------------------------------