Heavy Highway Contractor

• 1.  Certified Payroll Signature Compliance

Posted 05-18-2022 12:23
      |   view attached
    I am hoping I can get some clarification on how other general contractors are handling certified payrolls from subcontractors. I was recently told by our local U.S. Department of Labor Wage & Hour division over the phone that I can receive scanned copies of signed certified payroll reports from our subcontractors, but that I should keep a record of the emails to show that the payrolls were received via email. However, I downloaded the attached PowerPoint from the Department of Labor website, which states: 

"Photocopies or "pdf" copies of the "Statement of Compliance," faxed "Statements of Compliance," or an electronically scanned "Statement of Compliance" e-mailed to an agency do not satisfy the requirement that each "Statement of Compliance" be: "signed by the contractor or subcontractor or his or her agent who pays or supervises the payment of the persons employed under the contract". 

This is on slide 11 of the attached PowerPoint. Can anyone provide clarification over this information? How is your company currently handling certified payrolls from subcontractors? 

------------------------------
    Hannah Wilson
    Assistant Controller
    M.R. Pittman Group
    St. Rose LA
    (888) 888-8888

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: Certified Payroll Signature Compliance

Posted 05-19-2022 11:39
    Hannah,

Is it possibly saying that the email is not in replacement of the signed statement of compliance?  I think it might be saying that they simple cannot just send your the statement of compliance.  It needs to be signed by the appropriate person.

We submit via email and accept via email all the time.  Though we are moving to more electronic tracking programs where the subs submit through there and sign electronically through their log in.

Rachel Meyer CCIFP
    Business Manager
    Iron Mike Construction
    Centennial CO
    (303) 407-8690

• 3.  RE: Certified Payroll Signature Compliance

Posted 05-19-2022 12:53
    It has always been my understanding that the DOL requires original signatures on certified payroll reports.