Heavy Highway Contractor

• 1.  Best integration with HCSS Heavy Bid / Heavy Job

Posted 07-21-2023 18:30

Hello all - we are a $53 million Grading/Paving/Concrete subcontractor located in Phoenix, AZ.  We currently use Heavy Bid and will go live with Heavy Job in two weeks.

We currently use Plexxis for accounting functions. Although Plexxis is a great sub-contractor focused software and has amazing customer support, it is not a good fit for an equipment intensive contractor.

We are currently looking at Viewpoint, ComputerEase, and Sage Intact.  I'd be interested in anyone's experience with the integration of these three packages to HCSS Heavy Bid/Job.

Thanks in advance for you thoughts - Melvin.

------------------------------
    Melvin Skouson Frost CPA/MBA
    Controller
    S&S Paving and Construction
    Phoenix, AZ

• 2.  RE: Best integration with HCSS Heavy Bid / Heavy Job

Posted 07-22-2023 08:07

Melvin,

Of the three ERP's you mentioned, Viewpoint Vista is the only one that I would recommend for your company at this point. HCSS has a data integration studio module that provides a very good integration between Vista and HeavyJob, but it comes at a cost. However, many equipment intensive contractors using Viewpoint Vista use HCSS E360 or B2W Maintain for tracking equipment costs to extend the functionality to the field mechanics, so I'm not convinced that Vista would solve all of your concerns. I'm curious what limitations you're running into with Plexxis as I've heard other large equipment intensive contractors are using it. I'd recommend exploring solutions that allow you to not leave Plexxis if possible. I'd be happy to chat further offline with more specifics of what we see with our Vista clients that are similar to you if desired.

Kevin Halme CCIFP, MBA
    Constructive Tech + Finance Solutions
    www.consttech.solutions
    Delano, MN
    (320) 626-6200