The Honorable Stephen K. Benjamin
Since being elected mayor in a record turnout election in April 2010, Mayor Steve Benjamin has made it his mission to create in Columbia the most talented, educated and entrepreneurial city in America.
In addition to serving as Mayor of Columbia, Mayor Benjamin served as 2018-2019 President of the U.S. Conference of Mayors and as Chairman for Municipal Bonds for America, Member of the Federal Communications Commission’s Intergovernmental Advisory Committee, Member of the Accelerator for America Advisory Council and Co-Chair of the Mayors for 100% Clean Energy campaign.
Mayor Benjamin is married to the Honorable DeAndrea Gist Benjamin, Chief Administrative Judge (General Sessions) for South Carolina's Fifth Judicial Circuit. The two are the proud parents of daughters Bethany (14) and Jordan Grace (12).
Follow Mayor Benjamin on Twitter and Instagram: @SteveBenjaminSC.
Cory Ouellette CPA
Cory is a shareholder and tax accountant with 14 years of tax-planning and compliance experience. Focusing on real estate and partnership tax law, he has worked with developers, investors, funds and owners of all sizes to maximize after-tax cash flow and develop strategies that take advantage of all available credits and incentives. Cory’s specialties range from structuring deals and performing financial modeling to sell-versus-hold analysis and exit strategies.
Cory administers the firm’s partnership tax compliance software and has handled numerous partnership tax reporting issues.
Education, Credentials and Special Training
- Certified Public Accountant
- Master of Professional Accountancy with Tax Specialization, Clemson University
- B.S., Accounting, Clemson University
Civic and Community Activities
- Treasurer, Pleasant Valley Connection
- Member, Greenville Professionals United for Leadership and Social Enrichment
- Participant, PULSE Pace Setters, 2008-2009
- Participant, Opportunity Greenville, 2006
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Young CPAs Leadership Cabinet (2010-2011)
- Urban Land Institute