Contact: Larry Kraynak-Director
(412) 865-0555 x15
Vice President Finance
Position resides in Long Island and reports to President of Region with dotted line to Sr. Vice President of Finance for Corporate.
Region is made up of 3 subsidiary companies in the Utility Transmission and Distribution Segment of Construction Group performing in excess of $200M annual revenue: Company is a provider of construction services in Electric Transmission and Distribution as well as substation, power generation, gas and other related construction work including storm response. Subsidiary companies provide Transmission construction. Company is a rapidly growing operation with concentration in Underground Locating Services, Stray Voltage and Leak Detection services. The Region’s customer base is primarily Utility companies.
Ideal candidate should possess following qualifications:
- Experience in construction industry with a large company in a lead financial role for a business unit with annual sales of $100M+.
- Possesses an undergraduate degree in Accounting and an MBA or CPA
- 10+ years experience in accounting or finance with 3+ in lead financial role
- Significant involvement with longer term construction projects and demonstrated familiarity with percentage of completion accounting and job cost accounting
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Advance computer skills including Excel and JD Edwards
- Direct the financial operations of the Region,
- Manage a finance organization and back office administration of 15 employees in functional roles including project controlling and contract administration, accounts payable, general accounting and payroll
- Cash management and projections on a short term and long term basis
- Work closely with Business Unit management to monitor performance and evaluate strategies and operational performance
- Lead monthly reporting and forecasting activities for the region
- Insure operational controls are in place and support SOX reporting compliance and interface directly with Internal Audit
- Act as primary interface on all financial on all financial and related matters with Utility T&D Segment management
Additional Performance Expectations:
- Understands how to manage and work with different people and various working styles
- Encourages and leads teamwork across a variety of situations
- Focused and able to deliver against critical timelines and manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Ability to prioritize efforts within the group to insure optimal performance
- Able to use previous experience to evaluate and improve existing work processes
- Willing to take the lead when challenges occur
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects
- Ability to work with senior management of the company as a peer
- Self starter. Gains rapid understanding of the business and its operations and is able to anticipate the analysis and support needed
- Willing to travel
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND
PREPARED FOR: URS Corporation
PREPARED BY: Boyden
ORGANIZATION: URS Division of URS Corporation
POSITION: Regional Controller – New York
LOCATION: New York City
URS Corporation is a $10.09 billion fully integrated engineering, construction and technical services organization with the capabilities to support every stage of the project life cycle—from inception through start-up and operation to decommissioning and closure. URS offers program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering and technical assistance; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; and decommissioning and closure services.
Through a network of offices across the United States and in more than 30 countries, URS provides services to a broad range of clients around the world, including U.S. federal government agencies, national governments of other countries, state and local government agencies in the United States and internationally, and private sector clients worldwide representing a wide variety of industries. Their work is focused in four key market sectors: federal, infrastructure, power, and industrial and commercial. Within each of these markets, their comprehensive skills and expertise are a valued resource to clients around the world.
The New York region is one of the largest in the system and accounts for approximately $500MM in revenue. This is one of the largest engineering and design firms in New York.
The Regional Controller will work closely with the RBU Controller in establishing budgets, providing guidance on complex accounting issues to Operations Managers and will manage all accounting activities for a large size region in the northeast. This individual will report to the RBU Controller and will be on track to assume larger regional responsibilities as he/she successfully demonstrates their ability to succeed in this environment.
- Analyzes all RBU level data and ensures compliance with GAAP.
- Participates in the bidding process as a member of the Business Development team.
- Monitors progress of projects and advises management on compliance to contract.
- Drives the business budgeting process.
- Manage the accounting personnel in the Region and remotely in Dallas.
- Responsible for GAAP detail and strategic focus of the Region simultaneously.
- Responsible for IT systems and their integration to the business processes.
- This individual must be comfortable working close to the detail and at the same time operate at the most senior levels of the Region.
- Must be able to establish the creditability of the function and earn the respect of the operations managers.
- Must have demonstrated absolute integrity.
- Must be tough minded and diplomatic at the same time.
- Demonstrate management skills – must be able to evaluate subordinates and improve performance through training or replacement.
- Must be mature enough to become a trusted member of the Regional team and at the same time remain independent.
- Should have experience in implementing and improving business processes.
- Experience in a public accounting firm and in an E&A or “Services” environment.
- Must have the potential to move into a more senior position within three to five years.
Education & Experience
An undergraduate degree plus a CPA is required, and an MBA is preferred. Experience in public accounting or a publically traded company. 12 years professional accounting experience plus 5 years management experience.
Compensation and Opportunity
The total compensation package will be competitive and consistent with the successful candidate’s experience and accomplishments. Promotion opportunity excellent for an outstanding candidate.