Presented by Ryan Hiss and Alex Warner, this program will address the following to help prepare for year-end and the tax season ahead:
- An overview of the Tax Relief Extension Act of 2015 and how certain provisions affect the construction industry in 2016 and beyond.
- Fresh look at income tax accounting methods specific to the construction industry.
- Brief overview of year end planning strategies and opportunities.
- Discuss legal developments arising in 2016 (so far!) impacting the business of construction
- Stay on top of changes concerning mechanics liens, payment bonds, and other claims for payment
Alex Warner, Tax Manager in the Oak Brook office of CliftonLarsonAllen LLP. Throughout his career, Mr. Warner has focused on tax planning, compliance, and consulting, primarily related to the construction and real estate industries.
Ryan Hiss, Partner at the construction law firm of Laurie & Brennan, LLP. Mr. Hiss concentrates his law practice on assisting contractors with their various legal needs, including contract negotiation, claims, change orders, mechanics liens, payment bonds, lawsuits, mediation and arbitration.