The awards program was started in 2009. The committee meets as needed but typically begins its planning after the holiday season. If you are interested in serving on the Awards Committee, please email one of committee co-chairs or contact the Chapter Administrator.
Kuhn & Company CPA's
James Chivlo - Holland & Knight
Courtney Hartnett - Milord Company
JoAnn Holman - Fifth Third Bank
Matt Huczek - Chubb
Tammy Kilty - All-Bry Construction
Alina Stavros - CJ Erickson Plumbing
Ruth Stockdale - Ledgerwood Associates Inc.
Beth Swanson-Verdun - Swanson Contracting Co.
Chris Van Tassel - Wintrust Financial
To recognize outstanding members, the chapter’s accomplishments, and a Construction Contractor who has made a contribution to support the industry and our community.
- Nomination & Selection Process—Coordinates with board to determine nomination criteria and selection process.
- Printed Program: There is a printed program for the awards event in which ad space is sold to subsidize the cost of the event. Editorial includes a list of past presidents, committee chairs and members, and profiles on the winners are included.
- Sponsorships: Committee also sells sponsorships to subsidize the event. Traditionally, the goal has been to cover costs but not necessarily to generate a substantial profit.
- Venue Selection: The venue selection must be made several months in advance. Traditionally the event has been held at the University Club in Chicago which requires we identify a member who will allow us to hold the event.
- Time Line: The committee has a time line chart that backs up from the day of the event with deadlines for each part of the planning process such as the invitation design and printing, program production, including ad sales and winner selection and script writing.
- Program Content: Chair gets input from President on program content outside of award presentation. Typically, a committee member will emcee the event, a script is prepared and timed to ensure every participant and winner is well prepared.