CCIFP Review & Prep Session
This four hour intensive session provides an overview of the body of knowledge that every CCIFP should know. Take-aways include the seminar workbook, plus CFMA's Study Guide for the CCIFP Exam on CD-ROM.
This course provides 2 CPE credits in the field of Accounting & 2 CPE credits in the field of Management Advisory Services, for a total of 4 CPE Credits.
This is a Group-Live course at the Intermediate & Overview levels. At least three years of industry experience and a basic understanding of construction accounting and financial management is recommended.
HERE'S WHAT'S COVERED IN THIS SESSION:
Accounting & Reporting
- Accounting standards & guidelines
- Basic methods of accounting
- Costs and billings in excess
- Construction equipment
- Subcontractor payables
- Anticipated losses
- Financial statements
- Project management
- Joint ventures
Budgeting & Planning
- Capital budgeting
- Cash management
- Strategic planning
- Strategic cost management
- Federal laws and regulations
- Employee benefits
Learning Objectives - Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify topic areas that comprise the "Body of Knowledge" for CCIFPs
- Identify the most important topics, concepts, calculations, etc., that a CCIFP should know
- Benchmark your own level of knowledge against that of a CCIFP
- Target your study efforts in critical areas in order to broaden & deepen your mastery of these topics.
Income Recognition Methods
- Financial reporting
- PCM & CCM
- Contract revenues
- Contract costs
- Accounting for the effects of changes in estimates
- Independent construction audit
- Preparation & review of contracts
- Alternatives to litigation
- Construction-related insurance
- Tax accounting methods unique to the construction industry
- Tax filing
UPON COMPLETING THIS ONE-DAY WORKSHOP, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify the "Body of Knowledge" a CCIFP should know.
- Identify the financial and accounting "specifics" unique to the construction industry.
- Benchmark your level of knowledge and identify where to concentrate your study efforts.
The Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
For more information regarding refund, complaint and program cancellation policies, contact Brian Summers, VP of Content Management and Education at CFMA
Princeton Forrestal Village, 100 Village Blvd., Suite 200, Princeton, NJ 08540, Phone: 609-452-8000, or e-mail email@example.com.