2018 Scholarship Recipients:
- Jill Hankinson, Austin Industries intern and future Austin employee post-graduation.
- Arianna Garces with The Beck Group
2018 CPA Exam Award:
- Jeremy Smallwood with Walker Engineering
Dear DFW CFMA, TEXO & ASA Members:
We offer Scholarships in the Spring and the Fall each year for students majoring in accounting or finance and who are candidates to participate in the construction industry or a related accounting practice. The Spring applications are due by April 1st and the Fall by November 1st. Awards will include $1000 Academic Scholarships for active students plus the $500 Certificates of Award for candidates who have passed the CCIFP or CPA exam.
We encourage you to seize this opportunity to recognize a worthy candidate in your organization or an enterprising college student. You will not only provide meaningful financial support but you will also expose these future leaders to CFMA and career opportunities in the construction industry. For those of you who have taken advantage of the scholarships before we encourage you to do so again. As long as the student continues to meet the criteria, they are eligible to compete and can turn a $1000 scholarship into $2000 or $3000.
In addition, if you currently employee interns in your accounting group then these would be ideal candidates as well. This gives CFMA the opportunity to recognize both your efforts as a company for investing in students through your Intern Program and to reward those same students for their academic accomplishments via the Scholarship Program.
STEP BY STEP:
· CFMA, TEXO or ASA Member identifies & recommends the Candidate
· Candidate completes the brief Scholarship / Award Application
· Candidate writes a one page letter outlining their goals
· Candidate attaches their most recent college transcript or exam certificate
· Candidate attaches the letter of recommendation
All applications and supporting documents should be mailed or emailed to the address below. Please feel free to call if any questions.
Thank you for your support!
Lena Ho, CPA